[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

At 07:29 AM 11/2/2005 -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
| At 05:47 AM 02/11/2005, Achim Patzner wrote:
| >>For SATA I have always been getting the Dell 750s (now 850s) which
| >>use the 'aac'
| >>Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver, do 'man aac' for more details.
| >
| >Did you ever have to replace a failed drive? You might try it, just
| >to see if you're still happy afterwards.
| | Thats one thing I must say about 3ware that I really like. I have | been using the cards for years now and have not had issues when it | came to swapping out dead drives. I havent had the opportunity to | do it with the ARECA yet in production to see how it works, only as a test. | | ---Mike
Mike,

 Here is a link to the mysql benchmarks I was talking about.  If you can run
them using the 3ware raid and the other raid, I would be interested to see what
sort of results you get.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

http://www.redshift.com/~ray/mysql_bench

 These are my personal benchmarks I use here, but I added a file to try to walk
you through stuff and in case you want to share them with anyone else, etc.  If
you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
Take care!

Ray

I would like to give it a shot but don't really have time at the moment.
I might do it sometime in the future though.

Thanks anyway.

Mike