i decided to give up, can't get rid of packet loss...
thank you all for your help!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jin Guojun [VFFS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "OxY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: packet drop with intel gigabit / marwell gigabit

OxY wrote:

what kind of details should i attach? to analyze the problem?

Assume that you have process A to cause process B dropping packets:

Step (1):
Run B only -- what is the maximum through without packet drop?
                  what is the CPU utilization?
what type of traffic (protocol -- TCP, UDP, etc.) does B use? does B have other I/O? If so, how much is the I/O bandwidth used?

Step (2):
reRun B and involving A gradually (increasing A's wieght) till B drops packets. provide all above statistics for A and B at this point (where drop starts).

One thing I missed in your original post what protocol drops packet -- TCP or UDP?

-Jin