On Sun, 7 May 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:

Typically, I do 12 runs of supersmack in each configuration, and discard the first 2 runs in which the cache and scheduler (etc) are still settling, as I'm interested in the steady state.

Yeah, forgot to mention that too. Also keeping in mind that mysql performance is not time-constant, e.g. you should restart it in between test configurations instead of comparing early and late times.

Yeah, very much so -- my normal test procedure is to reboot between runs, allowing the first to cycles in the test to warm things up.

Robert N M Watson