  From: Derrick T. Woolworth
  To: OxY
  Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:09 PM
  Subject: Re: enabling hyper-threading on intel dual-core

  Huge performance advantage and difference between i386 and amd64 kernel.
i386 is 32-bit and amd64 is obviously 64-bit, but from my tests, the difference
in performance is big - like night and day.

  In fact, this is why I'm not so versed in the Intel world - I typically only
use AMD processors and love them.

  I have had some issues with amd64 and IPSec - this was with versions 5.4 and
6.0, so I'm unclear if all of those issues have been resolved.  If you're not
using IPSec though, you won't have any other problems.

  AMD64 is pretty gosh darn fast...