Hi Olivier,

generally the Samba performance on *BSD just sucks,
I wrote to this list with the same problem some weeks ago,
no one was able to tune smbd so that it would outperform
as well as under linux.

The only solution is to migrate your fileserver to a Linux distribution
as I did. Performance on the same Hardware: now ~11MB/s using 100Mbit NIC,
before ~6MB/s (FreeBSD 6.1).

Greetz, Jan