On 6/3/07, Andrew Gallatin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kip Macy writes:

 > Myricom nominally sells their cards directly, but they've dropped both
 > a support request and a PO request from me, so I don't think its
 > worthwhile contacting them directly unless you're a large customer.

I'm really sorry your initial help ticket was never received by us.
This is quite atypical.  It is unfortunate that you never followed up
when we tried to track down what happened to your email.  Since you
brought it up, people considering purchasing equipment from us might
like to know that we're quite proud of our tech support.  The *first
level* of our tech support is staffed by a PhD in EE (from Caltech),
and a MS in CS (from UTK).

Cool. I can't be too critical of Myricom as I'm very impressed with
your level of ability and commitment. The cards also perform quite
well.

However, I was disappointed when I had the same results when I tried
to purchase a pair of cards (I never got a response back). When I was
at an extremely large NAS vendor that we all know they had a tendency
to drop the ball on smaller customers and I've seen that in many other
large companies - this was never intended as an anti-Myricom rant. I
just wanted to point out that Bell Micro may be the channel that one
should use for purchasing cards. I will probably just send mail to
Bell Micro to order a pair from them.

             -Kip