Alfred Perlstein wrote:
* Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [071128 11:13] wrote:
Steven Hartland wrote:
Some interesting comments here:
http://www.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.aspx?i=3162&p=10
Indeed, mysql 5.0 has poor scaling compared to postgresql (this affects reads but severely affects writes). However when I tested the latest beta of 5.1 about 6 months ago I found it had about 50% lower performance than 5.0 in a read-only configuration. Maybe they had left some debugging enabled or have since fixed it.

One thing that mysql can suffer from is the lack of row level locking
for MYISAM tables, I found that to be a write performance killer with
multiple concurrent accesses.

INNODB is supposedly better.

This was innodb, afaicr.

Kris