On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 04:06:55PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 03:56 PM 12/1/2007, Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
> >I don't quite understand the question. It's the very same box, with
> >a dualboot configuration.
>
> Fire up the 3ware controller's RAID management software and make sure the
> same write caching strategy is set for FreeBSD and Linux. The driver my
> default to different values.
>
> i.e. under "controller settings" make sure "write cache" and "queuing" are
> the same values for linux and freebsd.
I fail to see such an option, not under the 3ware BIOS software, nor in the
tw_cli interface.

Could you be more specific on this?

Note: in the BIOS i've seen WC turned on for all units, and there were no
OS-specific options.

Sincerely,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.