At 02:22 PM 2/14/2008, Brett Bump wrote:

I've recently upgraded a mailserver from a 4.x version to 6.2.

I would say move to 6.3R as its a better release with a lot of bug fixes. In terms of your general performance issues, choice of hardware really makes a difference as quality of drivers can be an issue. You might have a really awesome controller that works well on Windows or LINUX, but does not do so well under FreeBSD because there isnt any good driver support for it.

I'm seeing signal 6's on apache and imapd (never happened before)

Did you do a fresh install or did you try and migrate from RELENG_4 to RELENG_6 ? What network card are you using ? What are the errors (CRC?). How about a dmesg from the box.

---Mike