Hwa Hing wrote:

I also had such problem with FreeBSD-7 Stable-SMP with 4 port Intel
1GBit NIC em Driver and with Packet Filter, ALTQ enabled.

But it doesn't sound like you are testing the same thing at all.

I tested with iperf from network a to network b. I found freebsd droping
packets and the transfer speed in routed mode is only 2 mbit/s compare
to linux router which able to forward the traffic at almost full speed.

Check that the software isn't making invalid Linux-specific assumptions about e.g. socket buffer sizes.

Kris