On Jul 21, 2008, at 3:53 PM, Ivan Voras wrote:

Alexander Strange wrote:

And there's no firewalls or packet shapers in front of it.

How about on it? Do you run ipfw?

No, I wouldn't answer a question so specifically like that.

We didn't see this problem after recompiling without SMP support and waiting for a day or two, but that immediately brought the load average up to around 50 and made it much slower, so that's clearly not a solution. It also really doesn't make me look forward to debugging it...

(Disabling net.isr.direct and some other things didn't seem to have any effect)