Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 13:35:59 -0700
From: Garrett Cooper <yaneg...@gmail.com>
To: O. Hartmann <ohart...@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc: freebsd-secur...@freebsd.org, Richard Kojedzinszky <kri...@tvnetwork.hu>,
    Current FreeBSD <freebsd-curr...@freebsd.org>,
    freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ufs multilabel performance (fwd)

On Apr 15, 2012, at 1:17 PM, O. Hartmann wrote:

Am 04/15/12 22:00, schrieb Garrett Cooper:
On Apr 15, 2012, at 12:30 PM, O. Hartmann wrote:

Am 04/15/12 15:59, schrieb Richard Kojedzinszky:
Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, dont know why, but on my xen virtualised environment,
fbsd amd64 domU performs much slower, not only 30 times. Without
multilabel, file creation speed is around 2500/s, but with multilabels
enabled, it is only 15/s (!). so it is more than 100 times slower.

And anyway freebsd is known to be fast as well, as functional. The power
to serve. :)

But in my environment, 15/s file creation is very-very slow. The
hardware is a q6700 cpu with 4G ram, 2x1T sata disks in raid1, the host
runs linux. I think with this hw the mentioned speed is really slow.

Regards,

Kojedzinszky Richard
Euronet Magyarorszag Informatikai Zrt.