My mistake, I DO have pf.ko:

      # ls /boot/kernel/pf.ko
      -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   184K Jan 25 09:33 kernel/pf.ko

   I was trying "ls /boot/kernel/pf" before. Now I'm wondering why I'm still
getting "kldload: can't load pf.ko: No such file or
   directory" when I run kldload.

   Sigh, shouldn't be this difficult. ;)

   - Gavin

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:54:19AM -0800, Gavin Spomer wrote:
> I followed your instructions to a "T" and then after I rebooted, I double
> checked everything to make sure I didn't do
>    anything stupid. Still no /dev/pf. Running kldstat still shows that pf.ko
> didn't get loaded. Trying to load it via your
>    instructions (kldload -v pf) I get:
>
>       kldload: can't load pf: No such file or directory
This would indicate that /boot/kernel/pf.ko is missing.  It doesn't
appear it was built during your last buildkernel/installkernel.

   Yes, you're quite correct. Oddly enough, I remember that when I had the pf
stuff in my kernel config, pk.ko DID exist in
   /boot/kernel. THAT doesn't make much sense.