On 28 Mar 2017, at 9:33, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
I need to implement QoS on a 10G interface (ix(4)) with bandwidth of 4-5 Gbit/sec. In general I'm using pf on FreeBSD, since I like it more than ipfw. But I'm aware that it's kind of ancient and wasn't updated for a long time from the upstream (and the upstream still doesn't support SMP). So, my question is - is it worth to stick to pf/ALTQ on 10G interfaces ? Will pf carry such traffic ?

Be aware that ALTQ will not let you configure queues with that sort of bandwidth. All of the datatypes used are 32-bit integers and top out at 2 or 4 Gbps.

Unfortunately dummynet has exactly the same problem, so switching to ipfw won’t help.

Regards,
Kristof