On 14 Mar 2018, at 18:30, Steven Crangle wrote:
I was looking for some advice on the type of locking required to stop a box panicking that utilises both napt and ip address prefixes.

My colleague made a post a while ago, and we ended up getting distracted fixing other panics that showed up. But we've now returned to try and figure out the issue.

The relevant code is in pf_lb.c : 424

I’d recommend talking to glebius@. He did the locking code and wrote the comment block discussing the locking choices around PF_POOL_ROUNDROBIN. I suspect it’s a bit more complicated that a straightforward PF_RULES_WLOCK() would fix. The locking model for pf is pretty complex. I’ve not had the time to really dig into this, so I can’t give more advice right now.

Regards,
Kristof