On 18 Jun 2018, at 0:19, Chris H wrote:
Sorry. Looks like I might be coming to the party a little late. But I'm currently running a 9.3 box that runs as a IP (service) filter for much of a network. While I've patched the box well enough to keep it safe to continue running. I am reluctant to up(grade|date) it to 11, or CURRENT,
based on some of the information related to topics like this thread.
Currently, the 9.3 box maintains some 18 million entries *just* within
the SPAM related table. The other tables contain no less that 1 million.
As it stands I have *no* trouble loading pf(4) with all of the tables
totaling some 20+ million entries, *even* when the BOX is working with
as little 4Gb ram.
Has something in pf(4) changed, since 9.3 that would now prevent me
from continuing to use my current setup, and tables?

No. There are no new limits in 11, and the only thing that *might* be an issue is validation improvements in 12. Still, anything that worked on 9 is expected to work on 12 (if not, report a bug).

Please don’t keep running unsupported versions.

Regards,
Kristof