On 2 Jul 2018, at 16:17, Kristof Provost wrote:
Hi Jakub,

On 30 Jun 2018, at 17:07, Jakub Chromy wrote:
I've just installed a 11.2-RELEASE guest under bhyve (hypervisor is 11.1-RELEASE)... and I cant use Virtio network interface with PF:

odine:/boot/kernel# /sbin/pfctl -n -f ~/local/tmp/pf.work
*pfctl: pfi_get_ifaces: Bad file descriptor*

the file contains the following single line only:

pass out quick on vtnet0 proto tcp from any to any keep state

I’m pretty sure this is a pf bug rather than an issue with vtnet.

Does this still happen if you don’t specify ‘-n’?

I suspect this might be related to r333181, but that’s included in CURRENT too, and I’ve not been able to reproduce this on my CURRENT box. I’m updating my stable/11 test VM now, but that’ll take a while.

Ah, I think I see the problem. I think you don’t have the pf module loaded, which is apparently not treated as a fatal error if ‘-n’ is specified, but the change in r333181 can’t cope with that.

We should probably fix that, but it’s not a particularly critical problem.

Regards,
Kristof