Hi,

On 2019-07-29 19:06, mike tancsa wrote:
I have a box I need to shape inbound and outbound traffic. It seems altq
can only shape outbound packets and not limit inbound ?  If thats the
case, what is the current state of mixing ipfw, dummynet and pf ?
Writing large complex firewall rules works better from a readability POV
(for us anyways) so I really prefer to use it. But I need to prevent zfs
replication eating up BW over some WAN links, and dummynet seems to
"just work"

Maybe you could use pipe viewer (pv in ports or packages) on the
ZFS host to limit the bandwidth in userspace.

Nikos