On 8/3/06, Rodrigo Graeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since a few days ago I have noted that for some strange reason some
ports are not been initialized at the boot, for example: mysql-server
I have at my rc.conf the line mysql_enable="YES" and I also have
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh without any touch of mine, is not
permission and this file has not .sample at the end, during the boot
process to start the services, mysql doesn't start but If I login and
execute: sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start it works.
:
Any clues ?

What version of FreeBSD are you running?

If you recently upgraded to FreeBSD 6.1, did you run mergemaster to
update your /etc/rc.d/ directory, as there was a change in rc scripts
procesing to allow the /usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts t be ordered with
the less critical startup scripts in /etc/rc.d.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.