On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:12:46 +0200
Matthias Andree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> (Note I haven't installed a Linuxulator on my FreeBSD machines, so
> forgive me if my questions are just shooting into the blue.)

        No problem.  LPW haven't required a Linuxulator.

> This looks like some GNU libc 2.3 stuff, which changed at that time --
> I'm not sure about the details, but between GNU libc 2.2 and 2.3, the
> ctype.h stuff was changed, and the GNU libc versions I've been toying
> with can be hacked to not refer to __ctype_b_loc@@GLIBC_2.3.4 by
> defining __NO_CTYPE before all #includes.

        This is a big problem for compatible, I think.  But I cannot fix
        without 7-current with SYMVER_ENABLE.  Yes, I can fix on 7-current
        with SYMVER_ENABLE.  I'm just rewriting LPW as Userland
        COMPAT_LINUX Technology[TM]:-).  In this time, prototype level,
        you can try-it by getting from following URL.

        http://people.freebsd.org/~nork/uclt-20060805.tar.bz2

> I'm not sure if that would need to happen for Adobe's Reader or the
> linuxpluginwrapper.
> Can you check which version of the Linux glibc or libc your system has
> installed?  Can you double check that the pluginwrapper picks the right
> libc if there are alternatives?

        pluginwrapper has some glibc functions, so no related version
        of glibc.