Scot Hetzel:
>On 8/23/06, Helge Oldach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/mail/fetchmail}
>> .MAKEFLAGS: -DWITH_NTLM
>> .endif
>>
>> Note specifically the ".MAKEFLAGS" trick above that IMHO won't easily
>> work with portconf.
>>
>That will work with portconf, without using .MAKEFLAGS:
>
>mail/fetchmail: WITH_NTLM
>
>You could have also used "WITH_NTLM=YES" instead of .MAKEFLAGS in your
>make.conf

Indeed true nowadays. However I'm pretty sure a couple of months ago
"WITH_NTLM=YES" and ".MAKEFLAGS=-DWITH_NTLM" weren't identical, and
"WITH_NTLM=YES" just wouldn't make it (verbatim :-)). I'm not sure what
the reason was. I suspect a change to the fetchmail port's Makefile, or
to bsd.port.mk. There was a reason why I had to do it this way. Anyway,
history.

Helge