LI Xin wrote:
Hi, Philipp,

Philipp Ost wrote:

Hi list,

I fixed this error which occurs when installing /lang/f2c via ports:

Thanks.  We are aware of this issue, but this is more a gzip regression
rather than a wrong distfile.

I didn't know that. In fact, I was pissed of that I couldn't install f2c. :) The distfile was only changed because I changed the f2c.tar-archive ;)

A possible workaround for this would be
to use minigzip instead of gunzip.

You can see my solution as just another workaround. The archives for this port now just work[tm] - I know this isn't the perfect solution for any length of time. ;)

I have proposed a potential long
term solution by replacing GNU gzip with BSD gzip, as discussed in
recent -current mailing list.

I read that :) I will try out your patches.

Regards,
Philipp
--
www.familie-ost.info/~pj