On 12/14/06, Eric Brunson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Ports Maintainers,

I just spent the last few days sorting out a problem with expect on my
6.1 box.  I have a patch to the expect interpreter on this platform that
I'd like to offer for your review.  There's a problem with the way
expect searches for available ptys that makes it only capable of
utilizing the first 64 device nodes rather than the full 256 available.

I'm brand new to the FreeBSD community coming from years on Solaris and
AIX, so I don't know the "channels" through which to push this.  It's a
very simple patch, 3 lines of code change, context diff drops right into
/usr/ports/lang/expect/files.  I also have test cases that show the
behavior before and after the patch.

To send changes/file a problem report for a port, you can use either send-pr:

   send-pr -a patch-file

or the web send-pr form:

   http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

to submit an update for the port.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.