Beech Rintoul schrieb:
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 23:09, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
Beech Rintoul schrieb:
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 13:43, you wrote:
Beech Rintoul schrieb:
Thanks to everyone who responded. I somehow missed that handbook
section, but I have it figured out now. What I needed to do is the
following:

.if defined(WITH_MYSQL)
USE_MYSQL=      yes
MODULES:=${MODULES}:mod_sql:mod_sql_mysql
INCLUDEDIRS:=${INCLUDEDIRS}:${LOCALBASE}/include
LIBDIRS:=${LIBDIRS}:${LOCALBASE}/lib/mysql
PLIST_FILES=    include/proftpd/mod_sql.h
.endif

The  extra header file is not copied to include unless that option is
checked and hard coding it in pkg-plist broke the pkg build. It didn't
show up on pointyhat because that option is off by default.
Oh, do you want to mix PLIST_FILES and pkg-plist, did I catch it right?
That should not be done. You can list that file in pkg-plist as
%%MYSQL%%include/proftpd/mod_sql.h and do the following in Makefile:

if defined(WITH_MYSQL)
PLIST_SUB+= MYSQL=""
[...another things here...]
.else

PLIST_SUB+= MYSQL="@comment "
.endif

Look at e.g. security/amavisd-new, I do something similar there.

Regards,
Gabor
Thanks, It doesn't say anything in the handbook about not doing that and
it works. In the interest of being correct I'll try what you suggest.
Yep. PH doesn't say it, but portlint does. Maybe this should be noted in
PH as well.

That would be a good idea. I did change the Makefile and pkg-plist as you suggested, but before doing so I ran portlint again and it did NOT complain about using both pkg-plist and PLIST_FILES. The PH in the advanced section would lead one to believe that it's acceptable to use both. I'm glad I posted what I was trying to do, this release was rushed to address a security issue and was a real pain to get all the options building correctly. I definitely don't want to add problems on top of it. Anyway, thanks again for your input.

Beech
Hmm, you might have an old portlint, I still can see this warning if a port uses both pkg-plist and PLIST_FILES: WARN: Makefile: [20]: You may remove pkg-plist if you use PLIST_FILES and/or PLIST_DIRS.

Gabor