Yesterday when I upgraded subversion from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 with portupgrade I noticed that I couldn't restart Apache because the new version was built without mod_dav_svn. This is because I originally built subversion with make -DWITH_MOD_DAV_SVN -DWITHOUT_BDB -DWITH_SVNSERVE_WRAPPER install clean and those options are not remembered by portupgrade. A manual build and reinstall solved the problem.

Some other ports use options that can be set when building the port for the first time or by running make config. I would like to se this in the subversion port to so that portupgrade knows how to rebuild it properly.

/Marcus