Alejandro Pulver wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:27:42 -0800
Darren Pilgrim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm writing a port for a script that stores the configuration data in the same file as the program code itself. The long-term solution is to move the configuration data to another file, of course; however, that's proving to be a far slower process than originally expected.

Other than delaying the submission until the configuration data is split from the script, what can/should I do?

Hello.

You can install the original script in ${PREFIX}/libexec and a wrapper
script in ${PREFIX}/bin, that would copy it to the user's home
directory if not exists and run it from there.

That wouldn't work in this case. The script is a daemon (postfix policy service), not a user program.

The best I've come up with so far is to install the script to ${PREFIX}/share/${PORTNAME}, then add a note to pkg-message to have the user copy the script to runnable location (i.e., the postfix config directory), edit the internal config and set the path in /etc/rc.conf. This means a manual step to install/upgrade and an orphan when the port is deinstalled, but it's the least-evil solution I've come up with.