Thanks

that is in my pkgtools.conf file --
and the issue remains

the only thing that enabled portupgrade was to use portupgrade -a -O. But that
not mean any stale dependencies are ignored?

Maybe the best way is to fix the stale dependencies for bsdpan if there is no
other way.

Any idea how that is done?

Thanks