Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Alexander Leidinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Quoting Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:50:51 -0400):

"Andres Hernandez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Sorry, but we need to do something... i can help if u want, but tell me how.
I dont like my freebsd with vesa in my laptop.

I have an ATI Mobility x1400
The ATI driver isn't open-source, so porting it isn't really an option.
The X11 driver itself does not need to be ported, as it is only
architecture dependand, but not OS dependand. So the x86 driver will
work with our X.org (as long as the X.org versions are compatible).
The only thing what needs to be ported is the kernel interface.

Ah; my apologies. I thought there was a binary kernel module involved.

There is, but based on my experience with ATI under linux, their driver is crap compared to nVidia's.

I should have bought an nVidia card, but instead I'm stuck with fully functioning OpenGL support in Windows only :(.

-Garrett