Hello,

        The gist of the email is asking the age old question, "are we there
yet?"

As many have commented there are a number of issues with a variety of ports which need to be addressed. Some I've noticed are net/samba3 and sysutils/eject, which contain security issues affecting production workstations and servers.

        Question for the future:

Wouldn't it be sufficient to force major component testers (in this case Xorg 7.2) to use periodic snapshots of the ports tree (possibly CVS branching), while allowing continued development in the ports tree? Part of my concern is based in the fact that this might be causing issues with customer integrity, thus degrading confidence in FreeBSD as a production product.

Thanks,
-Garrett