From: "Helmut 'Ingrid' Schneider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "Jeremy Chadwick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 03:03:49PM +0200, Helmut Schneider wrote:
I recently upgraded some FBSD6.2 machines to xorg 7.2 according to
/usr/ports/UPDATING. By now I cannot use x-forwarding with putty or
ssh -X  anymore as the DISPLAY paramater is not set anymore. I connect
to 2 machines  using putty and x-forwarding. Here are the results:
See mail to this list with subject "ssh X11 forwarding and X.org 7.2"
which explains the cause and solution.
Hm, I might have missed something, but I created a symlink for
/usr/X11R6 ->  /usr/local and then did a portupgrade -afPP but DISPLAY
is still not  exported.

OK, one has to install xauth. This might/should be a dependency of xorg-libraries. imo.