David Southwell wrote:
I posted this to the gimp mailing list but the list seems to have a v. low activity and few postings. There is no reply so far. So hopefully there is someone here who can point me in the right direction.

This type of question rather belongs to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I've CC'd that list.

1. How do I get to start gimpshop? The docs seem to have detailed documentation but although I have searched <much head scratching> -- I seem unable to find anything that tells me how to get the gimpshop interface running :-(

You mean how to start up the program itself? Open an xterm (or aterm, eterm or...) and type 'gimpshop' at the prompt...

2. I found that gimp will itself will open *.jpg but does not open raw files - In my case in need to be able to open canon raw files *.cr2 and would also like to be able to open photoshop *.psd files.

Gimp can open and save *.psd files. Gimp can open several types of raw files, but I don't know if *.cr2 is supported.

# pkg_info |grep gimp
[...]
gimpshop-2.2.11_5   GIMP fork resembling Adobe Photoshop
                           ^^^^
--> Gimpshop is an autonomous application (see above).

HTH,
Philipp
--
www.familie-ost.info/~pj