On July 9, 2007 12:02 pm Mark Foster wrote:
> Just completed a setup of dansguardian w/ tinyproxy on 5.5-RELEASE-p11
> and it works pretty well. Performance is a bit lackluster, but
> acceptable.
>
> I noticed that dansguardian requires squid via RUN_DEPENDS but that is
> a bit inflexible isn't it. I just commented out that line in the
> Makefile before make install.
> Dunno if that's the "right way" but it would be nice to have the option
> of toggling in tinyproxy (or whatever) instead of squid.
>
> Also, tinyproxy wasn't working for me on sparc64, it built/installed
> fine but using a mostly default config seemed to munge the IP address
> of the client, making the Allow ACLs in tinyproxy.conf useless. Is than
> an big vs. little-endian issue?
> e.g. 192.168.1.9 was being seen as 48.55.32.49

I've tried getting DansGuardian to work with the latest versions of
Tinyproxy, and have never succeeded.  Keep getting "malformed request"
anything other than Squid.

I guess I could add an OPTIONS knob for Squid it, defaulting to on.  Those
that don't want Squid could disable it.

--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-2 CCNT CCLP      Network Support Technician
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]