Hi,

I'm trying to port a package on FreeBSD. The package depends on Python
v.2.5 (which is not default on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE), and some python
modules. Now, the problem is that dependent python modules are already
installed in Python v2.4 PYTHON_SITELIBDIR directory. So when I
execute "install" target for my port, "install" target of python
modules (dependencies) are also invoked, and since they're already
installed (but in a different PYTHON_SITELIBDIR), I get following
error:

-- begin error --
===>  Installing for py25-numeric-24.2
===>   py25-numeric-24.2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.5 - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if math/py-numeric already installed
===>   An older version of math/py-numeric is already installed
(py24-numeric-24.2)
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of math/py-numeric
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/py-numeric.
-- end error --

I've already set USE_PYTHON=2.5+ in my port's Makefile.

Any ideas what should I do here ? Shall I wait for Python 2.5 to
become default for FreeBSD.

BtW, I'm trying to port Redhat Online Desktop[1] to FreeBSD.

[1] http://developer.mugshot.org/wiki/Online_Desktop_Project

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Shukla
--
Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
आशीष शुक्ल

weblog: http://wahjava.wordpress.com/

 ((_/)o o(\_)) | >Q: Are you sure?                                          |
  `-'(. .)`-'  | >>A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation. |
      \_/      | >>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?                     |