On Aug 27, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Stefan Lambrev wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to make a small port, but want to ask what is the right procedure,
if my port requires a certain user to be on the installed system?

Do I have to use pkg-install/pkg-deinstall for this?

P.S. Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to freebsd-ports.

See for example how postgres database server or the mailman port does it. depending on how popular your port is, you may wish to register your username/ID on the "reserved" list as per the porters handbook.