Vivek Khera wrote:
Thinking in retrospective - /etc/make.conf was perhaps not the best place to put USE_APACHE=2.2 when I needed it only for php.

Sure it is a great place to set options...

Try something like this:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/lang/erlang}
WITHOUT_ODBC=YES
WITHOUT_JAVA=YES
.endif

to set specific options for specific ports.

As for requesting Apache 2, I find it best to first install apache version you want, then letting the ports find the one that is installed, rather than expecting them to install the right version. That said, this is honored by many ports:

WITH_APACHE2=YES

This is advanced level for me :)

But thanks for the tip :)

Iv