On Dec 3, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Chuck Robey wrote:

Need to do some python work, using a lot of FreeBSD's base libs, and I was wondering, if any ports have swigged the FreeBSD libs? I'll do it if I must, just trying to save me some work.

Not understanding your use of the word "swigged", all I can say is that the ports do not touch the system libraries except in the rare case of things like openssl which have the _option_ to install on top of the system ssl libraries.