Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

Dominic Fandrey wrote:
Paul Schmehl wrote:
1) You can't build a dependent port and first set the config for
the options that you want.  So, when you select sasl in postfix,
you never get the chance to check the saslauthd option, for
example.
As the ports man page states:

# make config-recursive

does what you want. It's surprising how often people claim this
feature is missing, even though it has been there ever since I
started using FreeBSD.

Not completely correct for reasons given in
http://aegis.sourceforge.net/auug97.pdf

- --
Aryeh M. Friedman
FloSoft Systems, Java Developer Tools.
http://www.flosoft-systems.com
Developer, not business, friendly.

That is completely off the point of the email to which you are
responding.  That is the way we do it in the FBSD ports system.
We all know, as you have said ad nauseam, you believe the ports
system is broken because of that.  Why must you always hijack
threads to make points for your agenda?

Bud Dodson

PS, I will refuse respond to the (almost guaranteed) passive
aggressive flame you will use to respond to this post.

--
M. L. Dodson
Email:  mldodson-at-comcast-net