On Jan 14, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Christoffer Strömblad wrote:
Having looked through much of the available documentation one thing
continues to elude me... Is it possible to specify globally how many
CPUs are available when compiling a port? When I compile a port now it
seems as if only one CPU is used, even though more are available.

The quality of the Makefiles or similar used by individual ports varies, and many of them are not safe to compile in a multithreaded fashion. You can set "MAKEFLAGS=-j3" or similar in your environment, but it's really not recommended.

--
-Chuck