Coleman Kane wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to call your attention to ports/117285:

There seems to be some trouble when thunderbird is compiled with GCC 4.x. The current manifestation of this problem is a segfault on the registration (when thunderbird restarts) of the enigmail extension, which causes the install to fail to register the internal enigmime service.

The above PR suggests downgrading thunderbird to GCC 3.4 until the problem is fixed. I don't know how many other extensions are affected by this.

Either that, or the security/enigmail-thunderbird port should be modified so that it displays a message warning the user that it won't work after it is installed.

AFAICT, it only affects amd64. Maybe USE_GCC can be 3.4 on amd64, and 3.4+ elsewhere?

Thoughts? Comments?

It seems that latest thunderbird gives me signal 8 (SIGFPE) upon extension registration. I am busy at work right now and have no time to investigate this, but building with gcc 3.4 did not worked for me (I've modified both USE_GCC to 3.4, using -CURRENT as of today) :(

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!