On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Mark Ovens wrote:

On Thu, March 6, 2008 22:19, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
Hi Mark,

I had precisely the same problem (plus system gdb dumped core and I had
to use ports' one, ports/devel/gdb6 - hint!). For me, it was solved by
rebuilding sqlite3 with
WITHOUT_FTS1=true WITHOUT_FTS2=true
options. Perhaps, only one of them is needed but as they say, "if you
don't know what it is you don't need it".

HTH,
Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir, that stopped it crashing :-)

It doesn't want to read an existing digikam3.db file though - it just
hangs at the splash screen with "Reading database". Hmmm, maybe it does
need one of the FTS options? I'll try building with each and see if that
fixes it.

Hmm... No, this never happened here. Everything works perfectly all right. My sqlite3 compiled with threads though, could it be that?

I also had problems with the system gdb core dumping in 6.3 - this still
happens in 7.0 does it?

Probably. It does here under -CURRENT, anyway :-(

Regards,
Vladimir.