Emanuel Haupt wrote:
I recently upgraded my rsync to 3.0.0 from the ports and noticed the following in my logs...

2008/03/24 08:43:09 [96818] No match for refuse-options string "iconv"

Doing some reading I found this has been reported and apparently fixed in the git rsync repository.

Is there plans of releasing a patch for this port (soonish?) or should I just manually patch all my machines myself?
There will be a bugfix release soon:
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.0.1pre1-NEWS

I'll commit an update as soon as it's released.

Emanuel
Thanks for the update Emanuel.

It's funny, I never really considered how much I do with rsync before this, turns out I do a hell of a lot ;-)

Please feel free to test the current preview release, however I'll wait
for the final release to update the port:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/patches/rsync-3.0.1pre1.patch

Emanuel

Looks good Emanuel.

I have patched a few systems and have been running some manual tests.

No issues noted between older versions and the new pre-release. No issues noted between pre-release server and older versions. The iconv error in the logs is solved and no issues noted with --append.

Cheers,

Jeff