I am the maintainer for the image processing package known as GraphicsMagick. A few weeks ago, the FreeBSD port maintainer for GraphicsMagick became upset and quit. This leaves me a bit concerned since my project is left in limbo.

As of yesterday, the current GraphicsMagick releases are 1.1.14 (legacy stable) and 1.2.3 (current stable). FreeBSD only offers 1.1.12. There are important security fixes (what Debian classifies as "grave") contained in these releases.

I see that someone has picked up the ImageMagick port. Can someone please take responsibility for the GraphicsMagick port so that GraphicsMagick users (e.g. KDE) are not left behind? Maintaining the GraphicsMagick port is similar to maintaining the ImageMagick port (except for being much easier).

It is important that FreeBSD ports make it over the hurdle and move up to the 1.2.X baseline. There are four additional years of development and bug fixing in the 1.2 branch. Due to time constraints, usually only fixes for serious issues are back-ported to the 1.1 branch.

Thanks,

Bob