Alex Kozlov wrote:

Good idea. I also do something like that [1]. But before we can use this
method, we have to fix ports with bad pkg-descr:

Yeah, in a brief glance at Kris' sed routines I would think at least some of this work would have to be done no matter what (and it should be done anyway), so thank you for your thorough examination of this. :)

Since you were kind enough to do the legwork, I'll be glad to commit the fixes if no other committer picks up the ball.

Doug