Hi all

I don't known if the problem is with subversion or the ports or between
subversion and FreeBSD. So I just post this message on subversion-list.

Regards.

JAS
--
Albert SHIH
SIO batiment 15

I've serious problem after I'm upgrading my server to 1.5. (FreeBSD)

With 1.5 client (FreeBSD)  sometime I've got the message  (when I use svn up)

        svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

but if I wait sometime and try again ( 2-3 minutes) everything come right
(They are not big traffic on my server and the load of the server is 0.02)

With 1.5 client (FreeBSD) and svnmerge.py I can not make a

        svnmerge.py merge

because I've always (yes always) get the same message

        svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

What I understand svnmerge.py just launch svn command.

With 1.4 client (linux) it's a samething with svnmerge.py.

Anyone have any idea ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
SIO batiment 15
Observatoire de Paris Meudon
5 Place Jules Janssen
92195 Meudon Cedex
Téléphone : 01 45 07 76 26
Heure local/Local time:
Ven 4 jul 2008 17:05:05 CEST

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
 Le 04/07/2008 à 17:36:38+0200, Albert Shih a écrit
> Hi all
>
> I've serious problem after I'm upgrading my server to 1.5. (FreeBSD)
>
> With 1.5 client (FreeBSD)  sometime I've got the message  (when I use svn up)
>
>       svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> but if I wait sometime and try again ( 2-3 minutes) everything come right
> (They are not big traffic on my server and the load of the server is 0.02)
>
> With 1.5 client (FreeBSD) and svnmerge.py I can not make a
>
>       svnmerge.py merge
>
> because I've always (yes always) get the same message
>
>       svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> What I understand svnmerge.py just launch svn command.
>
> With 1.4 client (linux) it's a samething with svnmerge.py.

I found something :

When I try to do manually what svnmerge do automatically, it's
working.....if I do this very slowly.

If I try to do at normal speed (the speed copy/paste) I've got same message

        svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

on FreeBSD (1.5) or Linux (1.4).

If I wait between each svn command it's work.

So I think they are some problem with the socket.

I forget to say I use inetd to launch svnserve.

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH
SIO batiment 15
Observatoire de Paris Meudon
5 Place Jules Janssen
92195 Meudon Cedex
Téléphone : 01 45 07 76 26
Heure local/Local time:
Ven 4 jul 2008 18:27:57 CEST

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
 Le 04/07/2008 à 17:36:38+0200, Albert Shih a écrit
> Hi all
>
> I've serious problem after I'm upgrading my server to 1.5. (FreeBSD)
>
> With 1.5 client (FreeBSD)  sometime I've got the message  (when I use svn up)
>
>       svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> but if I wait sometime and try again ( 2-3 minutes) everything come right
> (They are not big traffic on my server and the load of the server is 0.02)
>
> With 1.5 client (FreeBSD) and svnmerge.py I can not make a
>
>       svnmerge.py merge
>
> because I've always (yes always) get the same message
>
>       svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> What I understand svnmerge.py just launch svn command.
>
> With 1.4 client (linux) it's a samething with svnmerge.py.
>
> Anyone have any idea ?

I make some

        tcpdump

and got many message like