On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:05 AM, David Southwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not really.
>
> The information you give is valuable and will be helpful to those who do not
> understand the complications.
>
> However you are not telling me anything I do not know <chuckles>- which was
> why my original posting was phrased in a respectful and unloaded way. (My
> first contact with Perl was during its early development stages so its
> history is familiar to me.)
>
> I would have expected a reply that indicated progess and a genuine and helpful
> attempt to indicate a best/worst scenario for an upgrade.
>
> I certainly do not expect to get of topic responses that cast aspersions,
> including accusations of making demands or other replies that seem to be  so
> overly defensive that one wonders what emotions are driving the contributors.
>
> Thanks for wading in
>
> David

(as a helpful note) I think that larger project upgrades should
possibly have a Wiki page for referencing progress so folks can work
through issues with major port tree upgrades (X.org, perl, kde, etc).

Questions like these pop up semi-frequently on the list, and it's
helpful to have data rather than look around at each other and blink
then shrug.

I'll see about adding some wiki pages (if my wiki.FreeBSD account is
still active), then I'll prod some folks for status info.

Cheers,
-Garrett