Dirk Meyer wrote:
V.Chukharev schrieb:,

So I looked through some Mk stuff, and tryed to optimize it. Since I do not
know any magic of bsd.*.mk, I did just a simple test. And with the below shown
patch the time is only 1500 s, while with the original version the time is more
than 15000 s. I guess the time depens very much on number of installed ports,
I have about 1300.

The resulting INDEX* files are identical.

I should confess I do not understand how my patch works. I expected to see a file /usr/ports/.openssl_installed or /tmp/index_something/.openssl_installed or similar, but could not see it... But I hope this patch will inspire you to do something really working.

This patch breaks the desired funtion.

To speedup index build you can add in in your /etc/make.conf
WITH_OPENSSL_BASE=yes
or
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes

The linker will pull in the latests version of libssl.so,
So this check is necessary to detect an installed port version,
and record the correct dependency.

The result can be cached only if no other ports or package is installed.
So you are right that make index could be otimized,
but it will take much more work.

Why can't you cache it in bsd.port.subdir.mk as I suggested?

Kris