On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:47:56 -0600, Dmitry Marakasov <amd...@amdmi3.ru>
wrote:

* Garrett Cooper (yanef...@gmail.com) wrote:

> It's useful for me too sometimes, but it's already not 100% reliable,
> as some ports still generate it dynamically, some use PLIST_FILES, some > use PLIST_SUB so it's not apparent under which path and/or name the file
> mentioned in plist is actually installed.
Getting rid of the plist files will force a major rewrite of
pkg_install. Are you really comfortable doing that :\?

Not getting rid but generating automatically. Many ports already
have no pkg-plist.

I mean by keep static pkg-plist (not get rid of it). I don't like dynamic
plist. I do not need to list my reasons as it's already in the archives by
someone and maybe me (not remember).

Cheers,
Mezz

--