Hello,

Real life got in the way, and my amule2 porting efforts had to be put
on hold. Buttime waits for no man, and now aMule 2.2.3 has been
released. So I wil restart my efforts with the newest version.

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 3:05 AM, Dmitry Marakasov <amd...@amdmi3.ru> wrote:
> No, they are automake's macro language and are expanded my automake
> to produce Makefile.in. Since the final product is Makefiles, shell
> stuff is possible there.
>
> However, you shouldn't modify .am stuff in this case, as automake
> is not executed in the build process. The only things you're to
> modify are configure and Makefile.in files.
> You can, of course, modify .am stuff instead and call automake/autoconf
> to regenerate stuff (via USE_AUTOTOOLS), but that's only needed in
> extreme cases.

Thanks for explaining this.

> PORTREVISION should be removed when PORTVERSION is bumped

Good to know.

>> +USE_XORG=    x11
> Not actually needed, as the port uses wx which assumes x11.

OK, I'll remove it then.

>> +USE_GETTEXT= yes
> Using gettext conditionally like before no longer work?

I don't really know. What exactly do we gain by using gettext conditionally?

>> -CONFIGURE_TARGET=--build=${MACHINE_ARCH}-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}
>> +
>> +CONFIGURE_TARGET=    --build=${MACHINE_ARCH}-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}
> Please remove, this is now handled automatically.

Ok, will do.

>>  CONFIGURE_ARGS=      --disable-debug \
>> +             --mandir=${MANPREFIX}/man \
> Not needed, --mandir is appended to CONFIGURE_ARGS by default

I had noted that, but forhot tom remove that part.

>> -.if !defined(WITHOUT_OPTIMIZE)
>> +.if defined(WITH_OPTIMIZE)
> No, checking WITHOUT_OPTIMIZE is correct. You should check
> counter-default values for options, i.e. check WITH_FOO if FOO is
> off by default, and WITHOUT_FOO if FOO is on by default. Same for
> other checks.

Is this documented in the Porters Handbook anywhere? If so, I must
have missed it.

> There are automatic ways to handle docs, so you don't need to change
> plist on every update.
>
> One way is to define DOCSDIR in the Makefile:
> DOCSDIR=        ${PREFIX}/share/doc/aMule-${PORTVERSION}
>
> and use %%DOCSDIR%% instead of share/doc/aMule-2.2.2 in the plist.
>
> Another way is to add PORTDOCS=* to Makefile in addition to DOCSDIR,
> and remove doc files from plist completely - they'll be added
> automatically on install.

I will look into this.

Your comments are valuable - thank you.
--