I'm following up regarding this apparent maintainer timeout. It's not my intention to place blame, but to me it is unacceptable that important security (vuxml) updates are sometimes blocked by unresponsive maintainers. It is not in the best interest of the users or FreeBSD to let these things slip.

The vuxml updates should be reviewed & committed without waiting on the maintainer of the port. Perhaps a simple non-blocking heads-up (Cc:) to the maintainer is more appropriate. Once publicized, the security notifications (via portaudit) become known to a wider, targetted audience. This establishes an important feedback loop as opposed to keeping the problem a "secret", since the users are more likely to either nudge the maintainer for an update to the port or submit one (via send-pr) themselves.

--
I hate rascists.
Mark D. Foster <m...@foster.cc> http://mark.foster.cc/ | http://conshell.net/