Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
David Southwell wrote:
may be I have a clue but am not certain which step was responsible for finally getting apr to compile so I am going through what I did in the hope it may help I cannot guarantee I have remembered everything because it was spread over many hours whilst doing many other tasks!!
1. I revisited UPDATING and found I had skipped: 20090802:
  AFFECTS: users of devel/libtool15 and devel/libltdl15
  AUTHOR: m...@freebsd.org

The devel/libtool15 and devel/libltdl15 ports have been moved to libtool22 and libltdl22 respectively then updated to 2.2.6a. You will need to run
  portmaster or portupgrade to properly perform the upgrade:

and followed the instructions there.
2. I did portupgrade -af

3. I then deinstalled devel/apr.

4. I deinstalled and recompiled python2.6

5. I then recompiled devel/apr and voila!!

david

This makes 100% sense. I'm still betting that troy is having libtool issues too.

Guys,

You were right. I am still having problems. Just one point here. I am running the amd64 kernel and I'm on 7.2 Stable.

I deinstalled libtool and reinstalled it. I am using python 2.5, I deinstalled it and reinstalled it.
These are the ports that are installed:
libtool-2.2.6a      Generic shared library support script

pkg_info|grep python
boost-python-libs-1.39.0 Framework for interfacing Python and C++
python24-2.4.5_4    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
python25-2.5.4_2    An interpreted object-oriented programming language

I then tried to install devel/apr and viola here are the problems below:

checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
performing libtool configuration...
./configure: 9753: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.